MotherShip by Sam Wise ___ PLEASE REFRESH PAGE FOR WEB FONTS

Monday 13 March 2017

Winter Academy

Billy MacKenzie



From the posthumous album Beyond the Sun, 1997


Ex-Associate Billy Mackenzie was working on the tracks which comprise Beyond the Sun when he committed suicide. The Cocteau Twins' Simon Raymonde, among others, completed the demos for release.





I've heard around
That you've been crying
All over town
They say you're buying
Cheap thrills with hearts
You couldn't care for
Cheap thrills with hearts
But I know different

Till the Winter Academy
A gift to flowers
Needless to say
We spent these hours
All around town
These young pretenders
So jagged the crown
Breakfast remembered

When I close my eyes I think of you
When I close my eyes
See all of you
When I close my eyes
I see you for what you were
Before the autumn came
But life itself is strange
Night and day


Written by Kenny Brady (who was in The Fall) from Edinburgh


'squashed again' by wandering bohemian

No comments:

Post a Comment