MotherShip by Sam Wise ___ PLEASE REFRESH PAGE FOR WEB FONTS

Tuesday 6 October 2015

Monstaville Book III. Chapter 21


21

Some people express their feelings through a song. Other people express their feelings through poetry. But, tonight, I’m going to express my feelings by speaking to you through my trumpet: Good evening ladies and gentlemen.
- Tommy Cooper.


Baby bombers.

Yeah, you see: they believed I had a problem with their cat which I didn’t but perhaps that’s what they wanted. So they started throwing empty cat food boxes, tins and trays into my garden. Now, they have been bringing the son’s new baby close to the wall of my bedroom to cry for up to an hour, usually for about 20 minutes at around 12 or 12.30 a.m. At first, I assumed that Maltesers was looking after his baby. I eventually realised that he was popping round just to do this each night for a few months. They succeeded in getting a negative reaction (namely in the form of me sitting up in bed and shouting ‘Fuck off!!’ as loud as possible a few times!). This is always more intense on Sunday evenings for some reason (I sometimes wonder if they believe that Sundays are precious to all English people!).  It is then that they let rip with obvious loud talking, fake coughing and sneezing, all right near the wall next to my bed when they have been quiet all day, particularly in that part of the house. Generally speaking, it kicks off around 11 p.m. and then gets louder at about 11.45.

Just keep repeating ‘Fuck off!’ If they want to keep you awake make sure they’re having a bad time too. The idea is that they learn that by disturbing you they themselves will endure disturbance. So, then they must decide whether or not it’s worth paying such a price for their selfish and aggressive behaviour. It’s a display of power by projecting my voice…and my righteous spirit, reminding them that they are being selfish and ignorant (not that they could ever bring themselves to acknowledge such a possibility!).

After three weeks, I went out into the garden early on a Monday morning (on 20 July) and found a large blue furry toy near the spot where I practice bagua. I know they threw it there because it was their side of the bamboo planet on the other side of the garden. The neighbours on the other side couldn’t possibly have thrown it over the 8-foot bamboo stems to land right next to it. The toy was brand new and still had the label on so I imagine that they either sacrificed one of the baby’s new cuddly toys or bought two so they could give me one! How kind of them! I have such considerate neighbours. Unless here’s a future shot-put champion in our midst! The toy seemed to new to throw away. I thought of throwing it into their garden but then they might have thrown something else. So (you guessed it), I swung it by the ear and tossed it onto their kitchen roof for them to enjoy each time they look out of the window. Perhaps they just didn’t have the heart to throw it up there themselves! Bless.

So, yes, most days now, there is complete silence all day followed by crying and screaming right next to the wall of my bedroom at midnight when the son brings his baby over just for that brief period.  That’s their new thing: the baby crying. It is only ever after 11 p.m. and up till midnight or 1 a.m. I never hear it at any other time.

Once Ha Chu returned around 22 August this practice dwindled and was replaced by the adults talking as loud as possible, again right next to my wall, late at night. Ridiculous!

AThe ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands in times of challenge and controversy.@ ‑ Martin Luther King Jr.

I=m kind of viewing all of these people as children, tolerating their behaviour until it starts eroding my quality of life. I always give people a chance and, often, I give them too many chances. I am ever-optimistic, having faith in their better nature. Consequently, I am often disappointed with my neighbours, who seem bent on behaving monstrously regardless. That is what my knocks on the ceiling as well as my shouting and loud music were. I have given them every opportunity to stop. I have been polite and patient and it has not worked. Now, I am free to play whatever loud music I wish to. Simple. There is no need, in my mind, to consider either of the neighbours’ wellbeing. They are both harassing me at the same time and now I am merely returning the favour. [Not that I really took myself up on the offer!].


Extra loose note. Personally, I believe that the answer to this conundrum is to remain centred in the heart, to feel the love and joy of the Spirit and therefore Eternal Reality whilst finding intelligent, inspired ways to express power positively and with maximum effect using minimal effort. The violent reactions of earlier past lifetimes surface in the mind sometimes in this life, now that I’m much older and wiser. I do not act on them. However, this had often caused me to be paralysed and confused, not knowing exactly what to do instead. One must somehow learn to remain centred in love whilst expressing one’s power and balancing the two with wisdom! The solution can be expressed simply enough: ‘Love and do what thou wilt.’ Express your power effectively whilst remaining positively focused at all times. Never allow any external event or person to steal your love and joy, your presence…or your power! But, if you express power alone then you are less likely to keep the state of feeling loving and joyous whereas, if you become wholly loving and joyous, you can maintain a high vibration. Then your awareness and inner guidance may offer a solution. Feel what you feel, breathe and release it. Use the Violet Flame. Do what you can to release the negative emotions so that you do not inflict them on those who appear to be foes. Rather, stay upbeat, remain relaxed and aware, feel in your heart and then express power by taking positive action. However, it’s weird. It’s a mind fuck. On the one hand, I need to express the unconditional love that I AM. And, on the other, there is the power and fearlessness of I AM too. On the one hand, I love all completely as extensions of myself as the Creative Source and therefore do not fight with anyone. And, on the other hand, I am a roaring lion, a king, who will never lie down and be anyone’s victim.

AChange what can be changed. Accept ‑ and Love ‑ that which cannot be changed. Be wise and know the difference.@ - St. Germain (channelled by Beth Trutwin, November 2009, www.GalacticRoundTable.com).

Dated notes (relating to this theme).

26 August 2009. This evening I’ve had everything: loud TV, baby crying, knocking on the wall and other noises. These are vocal missiles and other forms of assault. Going to bed now (11.30 p.m.). [They stopped soon after but there was still some banging].

27 August. Same as last night. I shouted at them through the wall for a while before wearing ear plugs which caused me to wake up in the middle of the night because they are so uncomfortable. [Retrospective note: I have, however, bought some new wax ear plugs and realised that the other one’s were too old and hard to be used anymore. The discomfort using the new, softer wax is just about bearable. So, although I may not wear them very often, I must remember to change them occasionally].

28 August. Same as the last two evenings plus loud ‘coughing.’ I shouted ‘Fuck off!’ several times. It shut them up at midnight. It took about 25 minutes though! They probably would have stopped by that time anyway. So, it doesn’t seem to be a particularly effective deterrent.

1 September. Deliberately loud talking and babies crying late at night etc. until gone midnight. They are now ‘coughing,’ turning their TV up sometimes and deliberately making a lot of noise. They are probably confused as to why I’m being so quiet. I’m very aware of the need to be in my heart and express my higher nature if possible at the moment. When Ha Chu returned from Pakistan, I was exploring the effect of swearing loudly through the wall late at night (and finding it to be totally ineffective!). During that week, St. Germain mentioned that now is the time to have both feet in the Light. Consequently, I just suddenly stopped. Having now rooted myself firmly in peace, I realised I was being pulled into a full-scale war until that point.

15 September. Every night this month the next-door neighbours have been loud from 10 p.m. onwards. Now Ha Chu is back to ‘sneezing’ again late at night (for example, 11.45 p.m.). They are all continuing their harassment campaign daily. Tonight there was lots of shouting and babies crying (there appears to be a second baby so I don’t know if Maltesers has another one as well…perhaps she is the second wife because I don’t think she is one of their daughters and I have never seen her with a guy! She only ever goes to the shops or the school). Mayhem! And all totally deliberate.

Each and every evening  throughout September and October the next-door neighbours have gone into the front room next to where I am, to talk loudly for a while and issue one loud cough (or an occasional sneeze from the father) – just one. It has not affected me much, however. I know their intention and simply acknowledge it. I understand that they think they are doing something spiteful that disturbs me.

Extra loose note: I am sometimes tempted to retaliate but the Angel Cards always tell me to be gentle and compassionate! Crazy!

“The person who takes every opportunity to ‘pick on’ others is often mistakenly called ‘sadistic.’ In reality, this person is a misdirected masochist who is working towards his own destruction. The reason a person viciously strikes out against you is because they are afraid of you or what you represent, or are resentful of your happiness. They are weak, insecure, and on extremely shaky ground when you throw your curse, and they make ideal human sacrifices.” - Anton Szandor LaVey (The Satanic Bible).

Halloween! Haha. El Phaba really came to life today! She made so much noise not only by stomping around in shoes all day (so loudly!) but other noise as well. I wrote a note for myself saying, ‘Menace: DO SOMETHING!’ And that kicked November off…literally!


It was after this that I decided to start getting up early and dancing naked to one song around 7 a.m. each day just before the Witch gets up. The intention is not to wake her up but make her think and reassess the situation! Well, anyway, the main purpose is to energise myself for the day and use this as an alchemical tool (chuckle), to start the day getting into my body and paying attention to my Inner Child. I find it helps anyway. It is also heaps of fun which makes this a great way to start the day. I do this regardless of whether El Phaba is home or not and I no longer care much how she feels about it really. It’s tough since she has acted so heartlessly herself. So, from this point onwards, I have taken hardly any action in an attempt to remedy the shoe situation upstairs. I have just been thinking, ‘You do what you want to do and I’ll do what I want to do.’ Simply content to have my early morning treat. Throughout November I endured all of that noise coming from upstairs plus ridiculously loud talking right near my wall from the next-door neighbours late at night on most days. It was deliberate because they have never done that before. It usually did not go past 11 p.m. so stayed up until 11 or 11.30 p.m. However, I was refusing to put the heating on (since I was still struggling to pay last winter’s bill!) and it has been very cold this year. November was like January. Thus, after only a few days of the early morning dancing routine I got out of bed after insufficient sleep and when my immune system was buckling in the cold weather. Needless to say, I had a stinking cold for a few days. I say a few days: I was lucky and got rid of it quickly, coughing for two days and sneezing for the whole of the third day, but it left me weak for a week afterwards. I then resumed my practice. I should mention, by the way, that when I had a cold the people next door took turns at ‘coughing’ and ‘sneezing’ loudly to echo my own.

Late November is when things got really bad. The next-door neighbours started keeping me awake late at night on a regular basis, realising, I expect, that 11 p.m. was not late enough to prevent me from playing a loud song at 7 a.m. That time is before they get up and also before Ha Chu arrives home from his cab office. They all sleep upstairs so I believe the only way they would know about this is through El Phaba. When it got past 1 a.m. one day (27th) I just snapped. Shouting through the wall was no longer an option so I started putting the radio on in the kitchen again. After two days they turned their television up loud after 11 p.m. In response, I played loud music on the hi-fi for a couple of hours the following day.

“September 22. Nothing." - Franz Kafka (Diaries 1914-1923). I wish!

26 November. Loud talking, knocking and screaming until 11.45 p.m. Then a loud knock at 12.10.

27 November. Friday night but the neighbours were VERY noisy until 1 a.m.! Ear plugs are simply too uncomfortable. I threw some small rotten apples at the stepladders by their back door twice but it had no effect. I really lost it. I was furious! I decided to play the radio in the kitchen all weekend. As it happens, I found a really good dance station and got to listen to some of the great music I am missing out on! I had tuned into Sekhmet during meditation that evening and I think that the reason was that she is the one I need to turn to for help in this conflict. Therefore, before sleeping, I asked her to guide me either directly or direct me to someone who could help. I have done something similar before. On one occasion, I asked to be taken anywhere in the entire multiverse to visit the being most qualified to advise me on how to handle this situation. Another time, I declared that I knew the solution was to be found in the Sirius star system and that probably the source of my troubles came from there as well! Sirius is the highest level of Divine Will that we can attune to on this planet. Plus, I believe Sirius is where I originate! I had read something that triggered my intuition or ‘something’ and I just went with it.

28 November. I got up at 7 a.m. so I had less than 6 hours’ sleep. I was inspired to play Michael Jackson’s ‘Unbreakable’ (on the album, Invincible, 2001) which is great to dance to as well, of course, as containing the message that, ‘I’ve been through so much but I’m still going strong and I’m too much for you. I can never be broken because, whatever you do to try and hurt me, I simply won’t allow anything to get to me even though you may hate it and can’t take it.’ Actually, I woke up with the sense that Sekhmet had said something to me about enjoying Michael’s music for dancing. It occurred to me afterwards that I may actually be invoking Michael’s assistance by doing this and perhaps this would be a good for anyone to do now if they are being oppressed or persecuted! I also think that when St. Germain suggested that I dance naked to one song each day he probably meant one Michael Jackson song because of the connection between us and he might actually be able to do something to help with my situation. Not good for my street cred however! I prefer that one song to be a loud punk or goth song to which I can go a bit crazy. I find this to be something of an invigorating ‘war dance.’ It is very energising; plus it is a bolder statement. This is the type of music I like to listen to loudly generally, not that I do very often even with headphones on. When I dance to Michael’s music, one song is never enough. It’s just too satisfying so I listen to five or so tracks.

1 December. The next-door neighbours brought the baby over or down or whatever again. I could hear it at 10.50 p.m. Then they made it scream and cry at 11 p.m. Maltesers ‘coughed’ loudly at 11.04 p.m. They got it screaming again at 11.14 and HoChaChu was talking loudly, clearly relishing the assault on my peace of mind as I was trying to get to sleep. The noise then ended abruptly. They did not want to take the risk of keeping me awake too late because of my response over the weekend. I am convinced that this strategy is the result of Fabala informing them of my early morning song which was causing her some discomfort. On the following day, I got up ten minutes later and she confidently stomped around in shoes for ages believing that a solution had been found I expect. Like she knew why I was later on that day. She was aware that her allies were making a contribution to keep me awake late at night.

Don’t let it bother you
If skies are grey
Learn to grin
Take it on the chin
Everything will be okay.
- Fats Waller (‘Don’t Let It Bother You,’ 1935).

December. There are no solutions. You just let everyone walk all over you, literally, almost! And that’s it!: When the woman next door coughed loudly by my bedroom wall at 11.30 p.m. I got the Angel cards Flexibility and Grace.


AWith the re‑distribution of wealth and a new financial set‑up that is fair and just, the unlawful demands upon your income will be removed. Sharing is the most important change, and that will require a new mindset that accepts that all life forms have a right to co‑exist with each other. Separation for whatever reason will no longer be acceptable. How else can it be Dear Ones, when you are One - travelling the same path of evolution even if it has many turnings? You are the Human family that has already spent thousands of years, in hundreds of lifetimes learning to accept the Divinity of every soul. Finding out about your immortal self, and your spiritual essence that gives you all the potential of becoming gods. You have such power even now, which is why there is some emphasis on carefully considering the result of your every thoughts. They carry the power of manifestation, and this is how you have created your reality. The same power can lift you up out of the darkness and into the Light.@ - SaLuSa (channelled through Mike Quinsey, 23 November 2009, www.gfbymikequinsey.blogspot.com).

2 and 3 December. All quiet next-door.

3 December. El Phaba and her boyfriend came home at 11.20 p.m. and he rang on their doorbell when she was inside.

5 December (Saturday morning), El Phaba and her boyfriend set off from the house together and started walking down the road. Ha Chu just happened to have crossed the road, gotten into his car and switched the engine on. As the pair walked up the path towards the pavement, he turned to look at them and El Phaba, likewise, looked across the street at him. As they turned and continued their journey on the pavement El Phaba appeared to hold the exchange for as long as it felt safe to do so but then looked away. Her boyfriend, on the other hand, did not seem to look across the street at all. Ha Chu continued looking at her, glancing forwards momentarily whilst contemplating what to do since it appeared that he would like to speak to her. As El Phaba and her boyfriend made their way down the street, Ha Chu just sat there in his car with the engine running watching them. He had no reason to remain stationary for so long and I have never, in eleven years, seen him sit for any length of time in his car outside the house except for when he is waiting for a member of his family (which is never this long). Once the couple had reached the end of the street and turned the corner, Ha Chu started driving very, very slowly! Hilariously indiscreet! I regret that I lacked the motivation to put some shoes and a jacket on and pursue the motley crew at the time. I really would love to catch them chatting, conniving, whatever (as decisive proof, for the sake of this book)! [Retrospective note: I had a dream on 6 March after requesting to visit Michael Jackson prior to falling asleep. I dreamt that my next-door neighbours were having a party and that I heard them play several MJ songs. Then I saw El Phaba talking to them while they sat in a red car with the window down. The car was like the one Ha Chu was driving that day when he drove slowly after El Phaba and her boyfriend. It’s the only time I’ve seen him drive a red car in fact!].

6 December. A lot of knocking on the wall next door until 12.30 a.m.

Why do I have this in my life? Why do I have neighbours who only want to make a lot of noise after 10.30at night just as I am trying to get to sleep? It’s insane!

7 December. I got up at 7.30 a.m. and did not dance to loud music. Consequently, El Phaba was very noisy in the evening: TV and walking around in shoes. LOL. During the evening, the next-door neighbours were banging on something near the wall from 10.15 p.m. again. Very loud.

10 December. Next door were quite noisy until midnight. Upstairs, someone was dropping heavy objects on the floor off and on until 11.45 p.m.

11 December. I have not played loud music early in the morning for two days. You would think that the neighbours would stop permanently rather than provoking me. So, I decided to get up earlier today and listen to Marilyn Manson’s ‘Fight Song.’

The next-door neighbours are still loud late at night, still ‘coughing,’ and whatnot, and El Phaba makes loud noises now only when I myself don’t play loud music in the morning. Kind of feels like she is making a statement, declaring that I am not bothering her half as much as her stomping around in shoes bothers me. It’s an act of defiance, a dare, a challenge, perhaps.

21 December. A young boy next door screamed loudly for a while from 11.20 p.m. last night. Much louder than their usual late night noise (which I am sure is deliberate).

Hitting me where it hurts, totally without provocation – looking for trouble as always. They use children as a cover because children are innocent and cannot be blamed. It is not the children’s fault. They are being encouraged to make a certain noise, at a certain time and in a certain location designed to prevent me from going to sleep at night.

“Gained without effort, discovered like a treasure in my house, my enemy is to be appreciated as a helper on the path to Enlightenment.” – Santideva, 8th-century Buddhist scholar (Entering the Path of Enlightenment, quoted in Lion Taming by Betty Perkins).

22 December. 9.45 p.m. The next-door neighbours suddenly turned their TV up loud and a minute or two later El Phaba arrived home and stomped around loudly in her shoes. Both ‘assaults’ lasted for only a few minutes and then they stopped. I think they are doing this because it is close to Christmas. Although I did punch the punch-bag today and shouted in the kitchen because they were loud late at night yesterday too.

23 December. I put the radio on in the kitchen and left it on for much of the day. Loud everything till late from next door.

24 December. 12.20 a.m. I put the radio on again and will keep doing so until the neighbours put a sock in it. All neighbours quite noisy tonight, till late. Adults next door talking very loudly until 2 a.m. deliberately trying to ruin my Christmas I believe (they assume that I celebrate Christmas!).

Oh what fun! I have just realised that all this effort I have been making to change my neighbours’ ways is a mirror of my Higher Self and the community of Light working to show me the error of my ways and wake me up. Change, live and celebrate Being, Love, expression and joy for their own sake and just be happy and free. Actually, I believe that St. Germain just ‘whispered this in my ear’ (my interpretation).

“When you hold your tongue, when you hold back from saying something that is unkind or being judgemental, you heal you. We’d like to play you a song. This song was brought forth on the eve of Christmas [when our joy marries us into the mass of Christed beings]. It was the celebration song written to celebrate the marriage. And this song is very ancient. And, indeed, many do not know that. [Plays ‘Silent Night’ mp3]. ‘Silent night, holy night, all is calm, all is bright.’ That is what you get when you marry the Christ. ‘Silent night’ meaning the stillness. Night meaning Krishna, Kali, void, depth. The stillness of the void where all is calm, where all is bright, where the brightness of Light births Christ the saviour is born.” – St. Germain (channelled through Ashamarae McNamara, 24 December 2013, www.awakeningfromwithin.com).

This situation has become very simple: if you don’t like me shouting and playing the radio in the kitchen, don’t keep me awake at night. Just a zero-tolerance policy for anyone who keeps me awake after 11 p.m. It should be 10 or 10.30 but 11 is the generally accepted limit for loud noise I think.



Christmas Day. I put the radio on again and left it on till I went to bed at night. 10.30 p.m. onwards. Incredibly noisy get-together which included fake coughing: like a Cough Party!

It’s January, freezing cold and El Phaba has been quiet since Christmas. After a special group DNA activation on 12 December, which really knocked me out for a few days, I started going to bed later because I was struggling to get out of bed so early. Consequently, I ceased dancing to one loud song each morning. After a couple of weeks, El Phaba stopped walking around in shoes and dropping things upstairs. The next-door neighbours continued being noisy late at night for five weeks until…

20 January. Evening. Three or four fire engines turned up in our street. There was a fire at the house next-door-but one, on the other side of the Bengali family, which is now owned by a Turkish family since the sweet Indian man (my favourite local by far) and his wife sold up about six months ago. It looked like it could have been an accident in the kitchen: the hallway was black with smoke bellowing out. [A few days later I noticed that they had new windows at the rear of the house where the kitchen is probably situated]. Aston Villa (the football team I support) were beating Backburn Rovers on TV at the time in the Carling Cup semi-final so I did not go out and take a look for ten minutes or so. I went out to see what was going on since they would have driven off by that time if it was nothing. Ha Chu and his son were there. The son looked at me in that manipulative way that demands recognition but I did not respond because he is two-faced and I do not trust his motives. I did not hang around and I’m glad because there were more goals to come (the final score was 5-3). After the match, the next-door neighbours talked loudly in the front room and had the television on very loudly at the back of the house which I could head over my TV (which is only about seven feet in front of me). I could feel stress knocking on the door. I went into the other room to listen, dreading a return to the noise war. I told myself, ‘This is one reason I used to drink alcohol!’ I put some music on quietly to cover up the din from next door (I tend to switch the speakers on in the back room as well these days hoping it is just loud enough for them to hear without disturbing El Phaba upstairs). It was 10.30 by the then and I was hoping to go to bed by 11 or 11.30 p.m. When I sat back down at my desk again I blessed them and said a reluctant ‘thank you’ which was so insincere it made me wince! I almost laughed after that. They turned their television down again by 10.45.

PLAY: The first part of ‘This Time Around,’ a song written by Michael Jackson (on the album HIStory: Past, Present and Future, Book I, 1995).

21 January. 11 a.m. Ha Chu achoo’d very loudly.

22 January. A female ‘coughed’ next door. El Phaba has been noisy for a couple of days too.

23 January. Another fake sneeze from Chu Chu the very tall, lanky panda (or steam engine funnel) sometime during the morning!

It is because when they see me I remind them of something they deny in themselves – a change of consciousness, a break from tradition, growth to true individuality and the fullness of love and truth.

24 January. Morning. Ha Chu ‘sneezed’ loudly.

25 January. Ha Chu ‘sneezed’ loudly during the morning again. Later on, the volume of next door’s television was turned up loud so I did not bother to creep around after putting my shoes on and preparing to go out; that is, I walked on the floorboards for a few minutes. In the evening, there was some loud screaming from young kids from about 11 till 11.40 p.m.

26 January. Early morning. El Phaba walked around on the floor with no carpet in shoes for five or so minutes very, very loudly!

27 January. El Phaba: noisy in shoes in the morning and for a few minutes in the evening before she went to bed. She seemed to be literally stamping on the floor! A child screamed repeatedly next door at 11.34 p.m.

So, basically, once Fabala’s boyfriend was away for work again (he has not been around for a week or two) both neighbours started up again after having been quiet for a while.

28 January. Saturday morning. El Phaba walking on the floorboards in shoes.

29 January. Early morning. El Phaba stomped around on the lino-covered floorboards (the floor of her hallway, bathroom and kitchen is covered in thin lino) as loudly as possible for 10 to 15 minutes. She is also back to dropping heavy objects on the floor again!

The Atishoos may have been quiet for a few days because an old lady from Pakistan is staying there (presumably Ha Chu’s mother or mother-in-law).

“When people hurt you over and over, think of them like sandpaper. They may scratch and hurt you for a bit but, in the end, you end up polished and they end up useless.” - Chris Colfer.

4 February. 0.45 a.m. Screaming baby.

6 February. Friday night. 00.04 a.m. Knocking on the wall repeatedly with a solid object. Then El Phaba came home at 00.15, walked around in shoes and dropped something on the floor. Fake coughing from Maltesers at 1.41, Saturday afternoon (the next-door neighbours have also taken to talking at the top of their voices near the wall in the mornings with the intention of disturbing me which is just sad). El Phaba threw a chest of drawers out and through one drawer down the stairs. Saturday night, 11.21 p.m., El Phaba went out for just 5 minutes! Where could she have gone in that time?

8 February. Lots of knocking on the wall at 11 p.m. with a metal object or something.

10 February. 7 a.m. El Phaba walking around on the lino in shoes. Very loud.

11 February. I passed the mother and Maltesers at the end of the street. I popped into the local supermarket on the way home, about an hour later, and had a little accident while I was putting the shopping away. A tin and large bowl containing a plug and other things fell crashing onto the wooden floorboards making a very loud noise.

12 February. El Phaba came downstairs at 6.30 a.m. She opened the front door but didn’t go out. She then closed it very quietly. Once upstairs again she dropped something heavy on the floor which made an extremely loud noise. Then my alarm clock went off which is set for 6.30 as well even though I go to bed too late at the moment to get out of bed at that time. Funny!

13 February. 10.40 a.m. Maltesers coughed repeatedly; fake as always. Also loud talking at the same time which lasted for 20 minutes. That was followed at 12 o’clock exactly with 5 minutes of loud TV. Then the neighbours turned it up again at 12.15. I went out soon after that. Evening. 8.21 p.m. El Phaba saw somebody to the door. Then, after she closed the door she coughed loudly a few times which also sounded very fake and nasty. How intriguing!

14 February. Fake coughing from next door at 11.42 a.m. and again at 12.40 p.m. This was followed by El Phaba doing the same at 1.03 p.m. and 1.48 p.m. Directly after that she dropped something on the floor. There was another cough at 9.46 p.m. as if reaching to be sick. No other coughs; just these fake ones. She does not have a cough (I did not hear her coughing again at any point after this. I think these are the only occasions I have ever heard her cough loudly).

16 February. 1.17 a.m. Loud banging on the wall next door with a hard object. 11.02 in the morning. Fake cough from Maltesers. I have not recorded every morning cough but it’s nearly every day. I just ignore it. It may not sound like much but it is a neverending, daily assault. Anyway, my vibration is sufficiently high now (even though it is winter and at a comparatively low ebb) for it not to affect me. I find it amusing, if in a sad way. Oh that monstrous Malteser, she’s a serial sneezer!

Love is the only way to grasp another human being in the innermost core of his personality.” - Victor Frankl.

19 February. I passed El Phaba in the street and she gave me a really cold look. I gave her a big smile and the contrast felt good to me. Predictably, when she arrived home in the evening she made a lot of noise walking around in shoes and dropping things on the floor. On my way home this afternoon I tried to break up a fight! An Asian guy (whom I’d say was Pakistani) had driven out from a side road perhaps too fast without checking with the driver of the car he cut up. The other guy was from Eastern Europe and he was either scared because he nearly hit the car or he was angry because the driver‘s action was rude. Anyway, they both wound their windows down and started shouting and swearing at each other. Then they got out of their cars (the Asian man irresponsibly leaving his young daughter sitting in the passenger seat) and it turned out that they were both very tall and athletic, each clearly confident when it comes to a bout of fisticuffs. As soon as they started fighting I ran over to try and break it up. I told them to calm down and sort it out in a more civilised way. They weren’t listening so I tried to get in closer but simply couldn’t believe how tall they both were – like dinosaurs! So I didn’t dare touch either of them! They did stop when they realised they were attracting attention and a few other people were running over as well by that time. They then got into their cars and drove off, still shouting abuse at each other. I was laughing at myself for a few hours afterwards for repeating the phrase ‘calm down’ several times. However, upon reflection, I saw that they actually didn’t get any proper punches in while I was putting them off, however slightly. Neither wanted to think or come to their senses but my proximity forced them to snap out of it. At least I distracted them from their adrenalin-induced tunnel vision. [Retrospective note: This experience paled into insignificance after someone showed me a YouTube clip of an altercation between two men in Jamaica in a similar incident. One guy got out of his car, went up to the other driver’s window and they argued. He then got back into his own car and shut the door not realising that the other guy then quickly got out of his car carrying a machete. He was stabbed several times through the window and finally pushed the door open and stumbled out. He tried to fight the guy with the machete but he was too badly wounded. There was a delay before the blood flowed as a result of adrenalin and then it started pouring all over him as he staggered over to the pavement. I mentioned this to a guy from Ghana once and he assured me that this kind of incident is more prevalent in Britain and that he has walked around for hours both in African and Caribbean countries and felt perfectly safe!].

Later that evening, I had my next-door neighbours and another of the daughters talking loudly (including that nasty laugh that I have not missed!) and banging on the wall for good measure. On the following day at half twelve, weirdly enough, two Asian men driving a small red car crashed into a parked 4x4 in which the Eastern European driver was sitting – right across the street from my flat! I now have a car-crash front window where the TV used to sit!

20 February. 10.32 a.m. Fake cough. It is important to stress that, if it weren’t for the fact that I regulate and deepen my breathing from the moment I get out of bed, this would affect me. The tension would build up. Also, if I feel like it, I will release any tension at their expense if I hear them in the toilet. I do this about once a week or fortnight these days in order to contain it. Otherwise they would go further than this daily fake-coughing routine.

22 February. I have another cold. Oddly, yesterday and today, I had to sneeze very loudly while I was in the other room, near where the family usually are. It did amuse me, I admit. Well, this evening the whole family joined in a little session of fake coughing and sneezing! Mystifying! I was actually meditating at the time, communing with Isis and she increased the energy as the party began. I blessed them as usual and felt shielded from the combined psychic toxicity being sent in my direction.

23 February. 11.30 a.m. Repeated fake coughing from Maltesers followed by Ha Chu’s loud ‘sneeze’ at 11.39! Oh yeah: it happened again. I sneezed loudly in the other room again. It’s because I am on the move when I go into that part of the flat.

This happened the next day as well. They reacted to my sneeze. However, I believe that by then they realised I had a cold and was not doing it deliberately. Either that or they thought I was starting an aggressive campaign of my own. They fell silent after this. El Phaba, on the other hand, is still wearing shoes and dropping things in the mornings and evenings.


Arthur (Graham Chapman): You fight with the strength of many men, Sir knight. I am Arthur, King of the Britons. [Pause] I seek the finest and the bravest knights in the land to join me in my Court of Camelot. [Pause] You have proved yourself worthy; will you join me? [Pause] You make me sad. So be it. Come, Patsy.
Black Knight (John Cleese): None shall pass.
Arthur: What?
Black Knight: None shall pass.
Arthur: I have no quarrel with you, good Sir knight, but I must cross this bridge.
Black Knight: Then you shall die.
Arthur: I command you as King of the Britons to stand aside!
Black Knight: I move for no man.
Arthur: So be it!
                    [Hah]
                    [Parry thrust]
                    [Arthur chops the Black Knight’s left arm off]
Arthur: Now stand aside, worthy adversary.
Black Knight: 'Tis but a scratch.
Arthur: A scratch? Your arm's off!
Black Knight: No, it isn't.
Arthur: Well, what's that then?
Black Knight: I've had worse.
Arthur: You liar!
Black Knight: Come on you pansy!
                    [Hah]
                    [Parry thrust]
                    [Arthur chops the Black Knight’s right arm off]
Arthur: Victory is mine! [Kneeling] We thank thee Lord, that in thy merc…
                    [Hah]
Black Knight: Come on then.
Arthur: What?
Black Knight: Have at you!
Arthur: You are indeed brave, Sir knight, but the fight is mine.
Black Knight: Oh, had enough, eh?
Arthur: Look, you stupid bastard, you've got no arms left.
Black Knight: Yes I have.
Arthur: Look!
Arthur: Just a flesh wound.
                    [Kick - bang]
Arthur: Look, stop that.
Black Knight: Chicken!  Chicken!
Arthur: Look, I'll have your leg.  Right!
                    [Whop]
Black Knight: Right, I'll do you for that!
Arthur: You'll what?
Black Knight: Come 'ere!
Arthur: What are you going to do, bleed on me?
Black Knight: I'm invincible!
Arthur: You're a loony.
Black Knight: The Black Knight always triumphs! Have at you! Come on then.
                    [Whop]
                    [Arthur chops the Black Knight’s other leg off]
Black Knight: All right; we'll call it a draw.
Arthur: Come, Patsy.
Black Knight: Oh, oh, I see, running away then. You yellow bastards! Come back here and take what's coming to you. I'll bite your legs off!
- Monty Python and the Holy Grail (directed by Terry Gilliam and Terry Jones, 1975).

No comments:

Post a Comment