MotherShip by Sam Wise ___ PLEASE REFRESH PAGE FOR WEB FONTS

Tuesday 10 November 2015

Love Hurts


Written by Boudeleoux Bryant (pro songwriter who wrote songs with his wife Felice) for the Everly Brothers. First recorded in 1960 and covered 15 years later by hard rock band Nazareth

Love hurts, love scars, love wounds
And mars, any heart
Not tough or strong enough
To take a lot of pain, take a lot of pain
Love is like a cloud
Holds a lot of rain
Love hurts......ooh, ooh love hurts

I'm young, I know, but even so
I know a thing or two
And I learned from you
I really learned a lot, really learned a lot
Love is like a flame
It burns you when it's hot
Love hurts......ooh, ooh love hurts

Some fools think of happiness
Blissfulness, togetherness
Some fools fool themselves I guess
They're not foolin' me

[1] I know it isn't true, I know it isn't true
Love is just a lie
Made to make you blue
Love hurts......ooh, ooh love hurts
ooh, ooh love hurts

[lead:]

[repeat 1]


No comments:

Post a Comment