MotherShip by Sam Wise ___ PLEASE REFRESH PAGE FOR WEB FONTS

Sunday 20 March 2016

Monstaville Quotes Extra #4


“Those who do not weep, do not see.” - Victor Hugo, Les Misérables

“It is dangerous to be concerned with what others think of you.” - Proverbs 29:25.

“I like living. I have sometimes been wildly, despairingly, acutely miserable, racked with sorrow; but through it all I still know quite certainly that just to be alive is a grand thing.” - Agatha Christie.


“For every minute you are angry you lose sixty seconds of happiness.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

"To harm another, is to harm ones self." – Socrates.

"Love your brother like your soul, guard him like the pupil of your eye." – Jesus (The Gospel of Thomas).


”A person often meets his destiny on the road he took to avoid it.” - Jean de La Fontaine, Fables.

"No matter how formidable the obstacles, passion, courage and imagination can prevail." -
Sea Shepherd Founder, Captain Paul Watson.

“We think sometimes that poverty is only being hungry, naked and homeless. The poverty of being unwanted, unloved and uncared for is the greatest poverty. We must start in our own homes to remedy this kind of poverty.” – Mother Theresa.


"A broken friendship, like a broken cup, can be mended but it will never be perfect again." — Anon.

"Some people think to be strong is to never feel pain. In reality, it’s the strongest people who feel it, understand it, and accept it." – Unknown.

"Silence is the best reply to a fool." - Imam Ali.


"Some years ago I was struck by the large number of falsehoods that I had accepted as true in my childhood, and by the highly doubtful nature of the whole edifice that I had subsequently based on them. I realised that it was necessary, once in the course of my life, to demolish everything completely and start again right from the foundations if I wanted to establish anything at all in the sciences that was stable and likely to last." - René Descartes (Meditations on First Philosophy).

“… and later lo and behold it turned out to be Goethe who wrote a book about how foolish it was to be born and scores of German youths committed suicide after reading it and when I tried to read it to see whether I would feel like committing suicide I couldn’t get interested so here I am alive and in circulation.” – Carl Sandburg to Thomas Hornsby Ferril, 22 May 1951.


No comments:

Post a Comment